Sweet Potato Enchilada’s
2 large sweet potatoes
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
4 green onions, chopped
2 t. chili powder
2 t. ground cumin
1 t. oregano
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper
1 Can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 C. shredded chicken (about 1 large chicken breast or 2 small)
12 (7 inch) corn tortillas
1 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce
1 (16 ounce) package Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (mozzarella or cheddar would also work well)
Sour Cream & Cilantro for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat, and boil the sweet potatoes until tender, about 15-30 minutes. Cool and peel the sweet potatoes.
2. Place the sweet potatoes in a large mixing bowl, then mash with the cream cheese.
3. Add the green onions, chili powder, cumin, oregano, black beans, salt, and pepper until well mixed.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 13×9 inch baking dish.
5. Heat the tortillas in the microwave or in a skillet with a small amount of oil for easy handling purposes.
6. Place a generous scoop full of sweet potato filling, shredded chicken, cheese and 1 T. of enchilada sauce down the center of each tortilla. Place filled tortillas seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
7. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the tortillas, and top with cheese.
8. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the enchiladas are bubbling and the cheese is beginning to brown.
9. Serve topped with a dollop of sour cream and diced cilantro. (optional)
10. Serves family of 6.
For more information about Mindy, you can check out her blog at http://mindikamoments.blogspot.com