If there is any flavor that perfectly encompasses the holidays, it’s pumpkin. Baking pumpkin bread, or cookies, or cake fills the house with that holiday spice scent we love so much!
Sarah Warner shares how to make pumpkin cheesecake bars that will set the mood for a tasty holiday season.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- 6 Tbs butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 Tbs cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- pinch of cloves
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup quick oats
Preheat oven 350* Grease a 10×15 jelly roll pan (baking sheet)
1) To prepare the cheese cake; In a bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth… then beat in the egg, sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
2) To prepare the crumble; In a medium sized bowl add all the crumble ingredients…using your hands mix together until the mixture is combined and a crumbly texture. Set aside.
3) To prepare the pumpkin cake; In a bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, pumpkin, and water until well blended, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. I another bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, ginger ,cloves, nutmeg, salt, baking soda and baking powder; beat into butter mixture until blended. Spread batter evenly onto prepared baking sheet.
4) Drop cream cheese mixture in 24 evenly spaced 1 Tbs portions over batter. Pull a knife tip through filling a feeling until swirled slightly into batter.
5) Sprinkle crumble over the top of the bars. Baking until center of the pumpkin batter springs back when touched or toothpick comes out clean…about 25 minutes. Let cool, ENJOY!