Studio 5 Contributor Susan Neal explains how.
Easy to make, Easy to please
Teens are notoriously hard to please, so one of the best ways to feed them is to give them choices. Create a Panini Party!
This is a fun, interactive way of feeding your guests. All the work is done ahead of time; your guests get to experiment (which is half the fun) and create their own unique Panini that they will be sure to love.
• Gather a basket of high quality (artisan) breads. These will hold up better in the grilling process.
• Put together a condiment, sauce, meat and cheese tray. The best part of paninis is that they are grilled, toasty and warm. DO NOT forget the cheese!
• Have several Panini presses ready and hot. These only take a few minutes to cook.
Another way to create your Panini spread is to create different stations for different countries.
An Italian spread with food typical of an Italian Panini (salami, Mortadella, Prosciutto, Pesto, Olive Oil and Focaccia bread), American (Roast Beef, Mayonnaise, Horse Radish Sauce, Cheddar and apples or pears), French (basil, Turkey, Brie, etc…)
For the guest who can’t make up their mind, create some favorite “recipes” or combinations, print them of on cardstock and display them near the paninis. Have a favorite Panini recipe from the guest of honor, other people or make up fun names.
Savory Roast Beef & Gorgonzola Panini
• Focaccia bread (or other rustic bread)
• Thinly sliced Roast beef
• 1 large onion, sautéed until crispy and caramelized.
• Slices of Gorgonzola cheese
• Horse Radish spread.
Layer ingredients on the Focaccia, butter tops and grill until cheese starts to melt.
Turkey, Apply & Brie Panini
• Artisan Bread
• Thinly sliced Turkey
• Granny Smith apple, peeled and sliced thinly (you can also use pears)
• Slices of Brie or similar cheese
• Dijon Mustard
Layer ingredients on bread, butter tops and grill until cheese starts to melt.
Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Panini (a very non-traditional, sweet treat)
• Bagels, cut in half
• Chunky peanut butter
• Sliced bananas.
Spread one side of bagel with Peanut Butter and the other with Nutella. Arrange slice bananas. Put bagel together. Butter each side and Panini until tops are grilled and the peanut butter is melted.
*These recipes created by Susan Neal (www.sueneal.blogspot.com)
*For other great Panini recipes, visit this website http://paninihappy.com/