Almost a decade ago one Utah mom noticed her kids weren’t bringing art
home from school and she wanted to change that. Laurie White turned that
motivation into what is now the Great Artist Program. It’s an art education
program that’s mission is to bring out the artist in every elementary student,
while giving moms a unique way to volunteer in the classroom.
The Great Artist Program uses simple and proven methods to teach students
the foundations of how to draw. The eyes of your students will lighten up
and their confidence will soar when they discover they are truly capable of
creating great art.
Other art programs try to use craft projects in place of truly teaching art.
Such programs don’t deliver the real skills and real success of the Great
Artist Program. You’ll see the difference as your students dare to try new
things and discover the artists within themselves.
Promise of Simplicity
The Great Artist Program delivers quality art education in a complete package
that’s easy to implement. Volunteer instructors are provided with a training
DVD and all the materials they need to teach about great artists, great art,
and foundational art techniques. Instructors need no prior art background to
· One-page lesson plans are quick to prepare, easy to teach
· Step-by-step transparencies demonstrate fundamental drawing
· Key discussion points help children talk about what they see and
· Training and correspondence materials are all included
Value of Art Education
Teaching children art isn’t simply for sharpening creative skills. Children
who participate in art education improve in:
· Problem solving and critical thinking
· Judging qualitative relationships
· Appreciating how small differences can have large effects
· Celebrating multiple perspectives
For more information on how you can get involved in The Great Artist
Program visit www.greatartistprogram.com