A flavorful but light white bean taco soup is the perfect Halloween meal.
It’s full of flavor without being overly heavy. This white bean taco soup is a great dinner for kids to fuel up on before they run around trick or treating! There is basically no prep required. Just toss in the ingredients and let it simmer!
Lindsey Mair shares the flavorful recipe. This version of taco soup has all the taste, but with a lighter feel. She likes to add in her seasoning blend with the onions and garlic for a richer flavor.
Find more recipes from Lindsey on Instagram, @healthyhappyhome.
White Bean Taco Soup
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 Tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt, pepper to taste
- 2 cans diced green chiles
- 2 cartons chicken broth (32 oz each)
- 4 cans great northern white beans
- 2 cans pinto beans
- meat from 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 container sour cream (16 oz)
- 2 Tbsp Better Than Bouillon chicken soup base
- Optional: cilantro, avocado, and tortilla chips for garnish
- In a large pot, sauté onion in olive oil with cumin, salt pepper, and garlic.
- Once onions run clear, add green chiles, broth, and beans that have been drained. Bring to a low simmer.
- Once heated through, add the rotisserie chicken that has been pulled from the bone. Continue to simmer for a couple minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in the sour cream
- Taste it! If it’s missing anything, try adding a little more Better Than Bouillon chicken soup base if it needs more in flavor.
- Serve with diced avocados, sprigs of cilantro, and crushed tortilla chips.