Watching a child in pretend play is a mother’s mini-reward. But it requires taking kids offline, and stimulating imagination.
Tana Hallows with Mom’s Best Network is always on the lookout for toys that inspire that kind of creative play. She share her favorites with Studio 5.
We picked these specific toys based on our simple criteria:
1-Will it inspire their imagination through creative play?
2- Will it help them in any of the developmental milestones?
· Fine and gross motor skills
· Language skills
· Cognitive skills,
· Social skills
3- is it fun and engaging?
The Toys we focused on sharing today are for Toddler- preschool ages 2-4 as well as kids entering elementary school…ages 5 and up!
1. This first item comes to your door every quarter in a “special delivery” Toy Subscription box. This company Little Pnuts takes the guess work out of everything and provides a special curated box of some of the most amazing toys…this is the best thing I have seen for a mom of One or a mom of Five….it doesn’t matter it’s simply amazing!
· All of these toys follow our simple criteria above…
· They challenge your child’s imagination while keeping them on track for their developmental milestones…
· Each box comes with a little leaflet sharing details about each item and how that toy will challenge specific skills.
· They also encourage you to play with your child…it helps promote brain growth and development.
· They don’t believe in battery-operated toys.
“A Pet for Laura” Puzzle & Game book
Helicopter Construction Toy
2. Folkmanis Character Puppets
· Imagination…increases cognitive skills…focus and concentration
· Open ended play…invention…. make believe…language and social skills.
· Lots of hugs and a fun companion.
· You can also go to their website and download a script to have your very own puppet show! http://www.folkmanis.com/65/play.htm
· We love how they try to make them look life- like…
3. Tegu (Tay-GOO) Stacking Blocks
These are so cool! Blocks have been a playroom staple forever… But Tegu takes them to a whole new level of imagination by adding a magnetic system!
The creative possibilities are endless…they will challenge your child’s imagination and help them fine-tune their motor and problem-solving skills.
4. Tobbles- 6 uniquely weighted pieces, stack, topple, spin and balance…little hands delight in a never ending discovery. Tobbles encouraging sensory exploration, hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills, and visual spatial awareness,
5. United States Bingo game
As you play bingo, the child can understand more about where they live as well as imagine it in relationship to the other states. It will sharpen their recognition for each state and capitol….and what each state is known for.
6. Spot it! Travel version.
Inspires quick thinking as they look for a match to win! The scenery comes alive too as they search the landscape for matching images. 6 different games in one.
7. Super Boink Springy Tube
Helps with hand eye coordination, so fun!
$1.99 Also sold at Blickenstaff’s
Tana and her panel at Mom’s Best Network are always spotting amazing products.
Find all follow them at www.momsbestnetwork.com