Kristine McKay from We R Memory Keepers says yard sale success all comes down to yard sale strategy.
Why Yard Sale?
1. You can find “one of a kinds.”
2. You can find inexpensive items to craft.
3. Yard Sales provide inexpensive way to frequently change your décor
4. Save money
5. It’s Fun!
Yard Sale Tips
1. Dress in layers for differences in morning and afternoon temperatures: Hat, sun-glasses, and comfortable shoes are also a must.
2. Items to bring: water-bottle, hand-sanitizer, small bills.
3. Drive a vehicle with plenty of storage space for larger purchases.
4. Map out your route before you go and fill it in with sales you see on the way.
5. Go early for the best items; go later for the best deals.
6. Be careful when buying items for babies or small children. Always go on-line and review manufacturer recalls
What to Look For:
1. Look for shape and size (ignore paint because it can always be re-painted).
2. Look “outside-of-the-box” (try and see the potential other uses).
3. Look for items that can be broken down and used for parts.
Kristine McKay’s love for paper crafting began when she was a little girl growing up in Blackfoot, Idaho. She remembers designing stationary sets and trying to sell them to the other neighborhood children. Her love of paper and design drew her to the scrapbooking industry over six years ago. She has worked with several companies including DCWV, All My Memories, Lasting Impressions, Three Bugs in a Rug, and We are Memory Keepers. She has developed products for both QVC and the Home Shopping Network and also had her work featured in various publications and idea books. Kristine believes that scrapbooking is about more than simply placing a sticker on your child’s soccer photo. It is a form of artist expression, using paper as the medium and memories as the inspiration. She strives to bring practical products and ideas to the industry that save both time and money. Currently she works with We R Memory Keepers and resides in Spanish Fork, Utah with her husband Dan of 15 years and their three children Tanner, Kelsey, and Cameron.