Pack in the nutrients early with a green smoothie bowl for breakfast.
We hear it all the time, eat more greens! But sometimes that is easier said than done.
Whitney Cummock shares her favorite way to add greens to her tropical breakfast smoothie bowls. Using avocado, zucchini, and mixed greens in a smoothie bowl adds a ton of health benefits, and gives them a deep green color.
For more recipes from Whitney, you can connect with her on Instagram at @WhitsFoodFit or online at www.whitsfoodfit.com.
Tropical Green Smoothie Bowl
(Paleo option, Vegan, GF, DF, Soy free, Egg free, Nut free)
- 1 Banana, frozen
- 1 cup Pineapple chunks, frozen
- ⅓ cup diced Avocado, frozen, about ½ an avocado
- ¾ cup Zucchini chunks, about ½ small-med zucchini
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp Piece of fresh ginger
- 2 loose cups Mixed greens
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 1 medium Lemon juiced
- ½ cup Water or as needed
- Kiwi skinned and sliced
- Unsweetened coconut shreds
- Add the smoothie ingredients, from the banana to the lemon, to a high powered blender. Adding the frozen ingredients first will help it blend better.
- For the water, start by adding a splash or about ¼ cup. If the ingredients aren’t blending well, then add another splash, or another ¼ cup.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into bowls and add your favorite toppings, or the ones listed above.