Don’t ask for a cut or color at this salon!
Studio 5 Host Brooke Walker went to check out Utah’s first blow dry bar.
The blow dry bar concept is sweeping the nation. Salons first started popping up in big cities like LA and New York. Now Draper is home to Utah’s first blow dry bar – a salon that specializes in blow dry styles and up-dos.
Pro Do Blow Dry Bar is currently the first and only Blow Dry Bar in Utah. It was designed with Utah clients in mind – in place of alcohol they offer Diet Coke or hot cocoa, to cater to their clients preferences. And the design of the salon is less modern and more “girly” and comfortable.
Owner Jennifer Johnson shares the styling secrets behind a good blow out:
· Start your blowout in the front. That is the most important part and if you wait until the end, you won’t have as much energy left to make it look the best.
· When you round brush, direct the hair up for maximum volume. Use your cold shot button when it’s dry to lock it in place.
· Make sure you focus on smoothing the ends. A metal round brush is great for this.
And to keep your style looking good for days:
· Start with super clean hair. Do 2 shampoos (preferably the first one with a detoxifying shampoo).
· Don’t use too much product….less is more!
· Wear a loose ponytail on top of your head while you sleep. It will keep your volume and prevent it from getting roughed up on your sheets.
· Be sure to use a shower cap when you shower so your hair doesn’t get any water on it.
· Dry shampoo is your best friend! Depending on the oiliness of your hair, spray dry shampoo on your roots to absorb the oils and keep it looking fresh for an extra day.
Pro Do Blow Dry Bar offers a membership program: for $50 per month, you can get 2 “Express Do’s” (signature wash and style). Members can then experience additional styles for only $25 (regularly priced at $30).
Pro Do Blow Dry Bar is located at 163 East 13800 South in Draper. Visit www.prodoblowdrybar.com
for more information. You can book appointment directly online or call 801-590-7575. Be sure to check out their Facebook, too! It is very “hair informative” with tips, product recommendations and specials.