This year marks the 25th year that car enthusiasts flock to Utah County for
the biggest Annual Auto Expo and Swap Meet in the Intermountain West. It
is a 2 – day event Friday, May 18th opens the show with the Swap Meet,
the MAIN EVENT is on Saturday, May 19th from 7a to 5p at Thanksgiving
Point – Electric Park – South Lot.
Ray Campbell is the Chair of the Auto Show and he shares some highlights
of the event.
· Utah Valley University’s 25th Annual Auto Show and Swap Meet –
· Proceeds from this event go to the scholarship fund for the Automotive
Technology Students at UVU
· The event is at Thanksgiving Point Electric Park (south lot) – rain or
· Admission to the car show is $5 per person (children 5 and under are
free). Parking is free.
· Guests will see “one-of-a-kind” rare cars that they won’t see anywhere
· Special Features this year: Dennis Gage from the TV show My
Car, the Batmobile, “City of Salt Lake” Bonneville Salt Flats Racer, Race
from the Utah Salt Flats Racing Association along with more than 700
from the early teens, to the 70’s, to current cars
· PLUS Private car collections from Ardell Brown and Dr. H. DeWayne
· Perfect family fun – things to do for everyone. Rib City will have their
famous barbeque. Motorcycles. Coloring Contests. Auctions. And more.
· Link to a 1 min. TV spot about the show:
MAIN EVENT: Saturday, May 19th
The car show and swap meet will be held from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at
Thanksgiving Point’s Electric Park- South Lot.
Admission to the car show is $5 per person (children 5 and under are free).
Parking is free.
This is a judged show.
The push is the event on Saturday, May 19 th. And all net proceeds go to
the scholarship fund for the Automotive Technology Department at UVU
which is an exemplary program for the state. For example, UVU received
gold, silver and bronze awards in Automotive Refinishing Technology,
Collision Repair, Diesel Equipment Technology, Power Equipment
Technology and Automotive Service at the Skills USA competition.
There is also a Swap Meet that will be held on Friday, May 14th and
Saturday, May 15th which is FREE to the public too.