Get your degree while you’re home raising your family! Nick Rothacher from Western Governors shares some of the student success journeys.
University is an online, nonprofit university offering accredited, competency-based bachelor’s and master’s degree programs. It was founded by 19 U.S. governors and it is based right here in Salt Lake City. The university serves more than 39,000 students nationwide, and more than 3,000 students are right here in Utah.
Nick Rothacher from WGU’s College of Business, is here to tell us about WGU, and share some stories of successful grads.
WGU is different from other online schools in many ways. One of those ways is that WGU offers mentor support.
– WGU’s faculty members serve as mentors, working one-on-one with students to guide them through their coursework and support their learning through their entire degree program.
– Even though WGU’s programs are online, you’re not alone in your studies.
Another unique aspect of WGU is that degree programs are competency-based.
– Competency-based learning allows students to earn their degrees by demonstrating what they know and can do (competency) rather than spending time in class to accumulate credit hours.
– They complete coursework at their own pace on their own schedule.
– Ideal for adult learners because it allows them to move quickly through material they already know so they can focus on what they need to learn.
– Many students are able to accelerate their progress because courses have no set time requirements. This allows them to save time as well as tuition costs.
– For more questions regarding Western Governors University you can visit WGU.edu/Utah to get started.