A simple summer grilling recipe that lets you enjoy the party.
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
2 T. olive oil
1/2 t. chili powder
1/2 t salt
dash black pepper (if desired)
4 – 6 pork chops, approx 1/2 in thick (1.5-2lbs.)
1. Whisk all ingredients together thoroughly
2. Place chops in a gallon sized storage bag. Pour marinade over the pork, and seal tightly.
Refrigerate for minimum of 2 hours.
3. Grill on medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, until just cooked through. Remove
from grill and let sit for a few minutes before cutting.
Apple Fennel Salad
1 bulb fennel, shaved or sliced thinly
1 Granny Smith green apple, cored and sliced thinly
6 c. spring mix greens
Fresh goat cheese or goat cheese crumbles
In a large bowl, top the spring greens with fennel shavings, apple slices, and goat cheese
crumbles. Toss with lemon-cider dressing.
4 T olive oil
3 T apple cider vinegar
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 t. sugar (if desired)
Place all ingredients in a jar with a screw top and shake until combined.
Berry Oat Crumble
1 c. rolled oats
1/3 c. flour
1/3 c. butter, room temperature
1/2 c plus 1 Tbs. sugar (set the 1 Tbs. aside)
1 t. vanilla
2 c. berries, rinsed (your choice, if using strawberries, quarter them)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and butter the bottom and sides of an 8 inch square
2. In a bowl, mix the berries and 1 Tbs. sugar and toss well. Set aside for 20-30
3. In a separate bowl, combine oats, flour, and sugar. Cut in butter and vanilla and mix
thoroughly manually or with a mixer until crumbly.
4. Pour the berries into the greased baking dish, and cover with crumble topping.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until berries are bubbly and topping is golden brown.