Impress your guests with this English recipe.
Elisa Barber shares how to put together these sweet scones in just one bowl.
Blueberry Lemon Scones
4 3/4 Cup AP Flour
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1 Cup Cold Butter
1 1/2 cups Buttermilk (made with 1 1/2 cups cold milk and 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice)
2 Tablespoons Lemon Zest
1 Cup Blueberries (Frozen)
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. In a measuring jug measure milk and lemon juice and allow to sit.
3. Measure dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl, stir with hand or spoon to evenly combine dry ingredients.
4. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, sprinkle in the butter and rub the butter and flour between your fingers until butter becomes the size of small peas.
5. Again, .make a well in the center of the dry ingredients/butter mixture, pour in the buttermilk and lemon zest.
6. Shape your hand like a claw, and in a circular motion mix dry ingredients with the cold butter mil until just combined. Add frozen blueberries and mix again until just combined.
7. Dump out on flared surface. Pat into a circle about 2 1/2 inches high. Using a round cookie cutter, cut dough into circles.
8. Put cut scones onto baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Brush tops with heavy cream and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
9. Bake for 25 min or until tops are golden. Cool and enjoy!!