Turn a basic brownie mix and a tub of Cool Whip into a decadent
Brownie Mousse Strawberry Trifle
1 9×13 inch pan of your favorite brownies baked and sliced into 1 inch squares
1 16 oz tub of Cool Whip
1 lb strawberries sliced
1 recipe of Chocolate Mousse
Chocolate Mousse: recipe from Our Best Bites blog. www.ourbestbites.com.
2 t. unflavored gelatin
2 T cold water
1/4 c. boiling water
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 c. heavy whipping cream
2 t. vanilla
1. In a small bowl, combine gelatin and cold water and allow to stand for about 1
While gelatin is softening, bring 1/4 c. water to a boil in the microwave. Whisk into
softened gelatin and allow to cool.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine sugar, cocoa powder, cream, and vanilla. Beat
an electric mixer until medium-stiff peaks form. Mix in gelatin mixture until
refrigerate for 30 minutes.
To assemble the Trifle:
1. Place a layer of sliced brownies in the bottom of the Trifle bowl.
2. Spread 1/3 of Chocolate Mousse to completely cover the brownies.
3. Top the Chocolate Mousse with 1/3 of the sliced strawberries being sure to place
them so they show on the outside of the bowl.
4. Spread a layer of Cool Whip to cover the strawberries.
Repeat layering pattern until bowl is full or you have used all of your ingredients.
You may choose to top the trifle with strawberries, sprinkled cocoa, chopped chocolate
or chocolate curls.