Make this chickpea salad your new favorite!
It’s rumored that Jennifer Aniston ate the same salad for lunch every day on set while filming FRIENDS. We cannot confirm if that rumor is in fact true, however, we can confirm that this chickpea salad is delicious!
Lisa Danielson shares her take on the FRIENDS veggie salad.
The FRIENDS Veggie Salad
- 1 ½ cups brown rice
- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- 3 small cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 (15oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta ( i like to use block feta and crumble it myself)
- Place the brown rice and quinoa in a large bowl.
- Add cucumbers, herbs, nuts, and chickpeas.
- In a small bowl mix together lemon, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
- Pour over the salad, mix well and serve immediately