These salmon tacos make a great spring dinner.
Spring is almost here, and these tacos are a great way to get in the mood with great food! They’re warm, fresh, and packed with flavor.
Tami Steggell shares the recipe for chipotle salmon tacos with fresh pineapple mango salsa.
For more recipes and ideas from Tami, connect with her online at @bitemeindustries.
CHIPOTLE SALMON TACOS WITH PINEAPPLE MANGO SALSA
- 4 – 6oz salmon filets, cut into bite size chunks (21-24oz)
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce + sauce
- 3 tbs honey
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- warm tortillas, shredded cabbage (red or green), avocado, and cotija cheese for garnish
Fresh Pineapple Mango Salsa
- 2 jalapeños, fresh
- 1 c diced pineapple
- 1/2 c diced mango
- 1/2 c cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tsp ginger, fresh, finely grated (optional)
Honey Lime Crema
- 2-3 roasted garlic cloves
- ½ c sour cream
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 lime, juice of and zest
- Pinch of salt, kosher or Redmond Real
- Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Chipotle Salmon: On a baking sheet, toss the salmon pieces with olive oil, 2 chipotle peppers + 1 tbs of adobo sauce, honey, smoked paprika, thyme, and a few twists of salt + pepper. Arrange in a single layer. Add the garlic for the crema. Roast 10-12 minutes, careful not to overcook. During the last 2 minutes, switch the oven to broil and broil until lightly charred. Set aside.
- Pineapple Mango Salsa: de-seed the jalapeño, finely chop, add to a bowl with the pineapple, mango, cilantro, honey, lime juice, and a pinch of salt, toss. For an extra depth to the flavor profile, add 1 tsp of finely ground ginger.
- Lime Crema: add finely minced roasted garlic cloves with sour cream, honey, lime juice and zest, and a pinch of salt, mix.
- Lay out warm tortillas, arrange crema, cabbage, chipotle salmon, salsa, more crema. Garnish with cotija and avocado, optional.
- The salmon will also work in an air fryer, especially if you are only cooking for two.