Elena Davis is a true Italian cook with true Italian flair! Her website is one to bookmark come dinner time. You can check out all of her recipes at cucinabyelena.com.
You’re going to want to add this lemon butter pasta to your dinner rotation.
This silky lemon cream sauce is bursting with fresh flavor. It’s the perfect springtime pasta dish that is ready in just 20 minutes.
Elena Davis shares the recipe for pasta al limone or lemon butter pasta. She recommends using high quality ingredients like freshly grated parmigiana for best results!
Pasta Al Limone
- 1 lb spaghetti or pasta of choice
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ½ cup grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 4 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1large lemon)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons good quality butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- Chopped fresh basil or fresh parsley (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk parmigiano, pecorino cheese, and 4 tablespoons of lemon juice to make a paste. Gradually add the oil while constantly whisking until smooth. Whisk in the lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a generous salt (it should taste like the sea!).
- Cook pasta, occasionally stirring with your favorite pasta utensil, for 8 minutes or until al dente according to the package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, finish the sauce. In a large skillet on medium-high heat, melt the butter, and reduce the heat to low.
- Drain pasta and reserve ½ cup of pasta water. Add pasta to the pan with butter sauce on low heat. Toss to coat. Add the cheese and lemon mixture to the pasta. Toss to coat and add pasta water to the spaghetti. Keep stirring. It will take a few minutes to thicken and create a silky sauce. Turn off the heat and serve hot.
- Toss in torn basil or chopped parsley if desired. Serve with additional Parmigiano on top. Enjoy!