Serve this sun-dried tomato chicken by itself, or add a grain!
This creamy sun-dried tomato chicken is the perfect healthy, spring-time meal! It’s delicious by itself without having to serve it over vegetables, whole grains, or pasta but it’s extra filling if you do! Serve it with a side of vegetables or a salad.
Suzy Robertson shares the recipe.
For more recipes and ideas from Suzy, connect with her online at @Suzysnaturalhealthmovement and www.learntocookhealthy.com.
Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken
- 8 chicken tenderloins or 4 chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil from sun-dried tomato jar
- Salt & pepper, Italian seasonings, & smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ c. chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic (I like fresh but you can use pre-minced garlic in a jar)
- 8 oz. jar sun-dried tomatoes, julienned (buy in jar with oil)
- 1 c. chicken broth
- ½-1 c. cream
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 c. spinach
- Your choice to serve it over zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice, pasta, wild rice, etc.
- Cook whichever whole grain, vegetable, or pasta you’re using according to package directions to serve under the chicken & sauce. If using zucchini noodles, sauté them in a hot pan for just a couple of minutes with some avocado oil, salt & pepper. .
- Rinse thawed chicken & pat dry & season with salt, pepper, Italian seasonings & smoked paprika. You can keep the chicken whole or dice it into pieces. Whatever you would like. Pieces will cook faster.
- Pour 2 Tbsp. olive oil from the sun-dried tomato jar into a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken breasts and sprinkle with salt, pepper, Italian seasonings & smoked paprika until well-seasoned. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until browned. Don’t turn them until they’re browned on the first side. They are done when they’re no longer pink in the middle & the chicken registers 165 degrees.
- While the chicken is cooking, chop your onion & garlic. You can also chop your sun-dried tomatoes if you want them smaller than they came in the jar but drain them first.
- Once the chicken is done and no longer pink, transfer grilled chicken to a plate, set aside and cover with a piece of aluminum foil.
- To make the sauce, add 2 Tbsp. butter to the same pan. Put the chopped onion in the butter and let cook for a couple minutes until they’re getting soft over medium heat. Then add the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. Let it cook for another minute.
- Add the chicken broth, cream, and parmesan cheese. Whisk together ingredients in pan until combined and smooth. Once it comes to a small boil, turn down heat to low and let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Adjust seasoning if needed (I always add a little more salt & pepper).
- Add the chicken back to the pan to reheat for a couple minutes. Then serve over vegetables, pasta or whole grain of your choice & top with a little more parmesan. Enjoy!