If you’re a malt fan, you’ll love this chocolate malt Bundt.
Malt isn’t just for the 50’s diners and old-fashioned soda fountains. It’s the star of this Bundt! A chocolate malt Bundt is dressy enough for dessert—and breakfast!
Heidi VanValkenburg, with Rhodes Bake N Serv, shares the recipe and technique. You’ll use Rhodes White Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature. Incorporating the malt mix into the Bundt and the topping gives it a decadent depth of flavor!
Chocolate Malt Bundt
Prep Time: 15 min.
Bake Time: 30 min.
- 24 Rhodes White Dinner Rolls, dough thawed to room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Ovaltine™ Classic Malt Mix or Nesquik® Chocolate Milk Powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
For the topping
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp Ovaltine™ Classic Malt Mix or Nesquik® Chocolate Milk Powder
- 1/2 cup crushed malt balls
- Cut each roll in half. Place Malt Mix in one bowl and melted butter in another.
- Spray Bundt pan with nonstick spray and sprinkle a handful (about 1/8 cup) of chocolate chips in the bottom of the pan.
- Roll each roll piece in butter then in the Malt Mix.
- Place 24 of the coated pieces in the bottom of the Bundt pan and sprinkle with 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Layer the remaining rolls dipped in butter and Malt Mix on top and sprinkle on the rest of the chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle any remaining melted butter and Malt Mix over the top of the Bundt.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise until dough is level with the top of the pan.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake at 350ºF for 25-35 minutes, covering with foil halfway through baking to avoid over-browning.
- Remove from oven and wait 3-5 minutes before inverting onto serving tray.
For the topping
- Place Malt Mix, sweetened condensed milk, and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat on high in 30 second increments until chocolate is melted.
- Stir mixture until fully combined.
- Pour over top of the Bundt. Top with crushed malt balls.