Peach cake with a popcorn topper? This unique dessert is the new treat of summer.
Sarah Warner shares the recipe that is perfect for summer parties.
Cinnamon and Peach Cake
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cup cinnamon chips
3 cups diced peaches
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.
1) In a medium sized bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2) Using either a stand mixer with a paddle attachment or a hand mixer, beat the butter at medium speed until creamy (about 2 minutes). Gradually add both sugars and beat at medium-high until the mixture is light in texture (about 3 minutes). Beat in eggs one at a time. Scrape down side of bowl as necessary. Mix in vanilla.
3) At low speed, add flour mixture in three additions, alternating with sour cream. Beginning and ending with the flour. Stir in cinnamon chips.
4) To the diced peaces stir in the cinnamon and nutmeg.
5) Scoop half of the batter into pan and spread with spatula. Sprinkle with peaches. Scoop remaining half of batter on top of peaches. Smooth with spatula.
6) Bake cake for 60 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean. Cool the cake completely.
Cinnamon Caramel Corn
3 cups popcorn
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/8 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp cinnamon
While the cake is cooling. Make the popcorn. Preheat oven to 200.
1) Spread the popcorn out onto a large baking sheet.
2) Combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until butter has melted. Next bring to a boil while stirring occasionally. Once boiling, stop stirring. Allow to boil for 5 minutes.
3) Remove from the heat and quickly stir in the baking soda. The caramel will immediately foam and bubble. Stir in the vanilla and cinnamon. Pour the caramel over the popcorn and toss gently until all of the popcorn is coated.
4) Bake caramel corn for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Allow to cool on the pan, then break apart any large clusters.
Glaze and Frosting
1 cup white chocolate chips
4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
1) Melt all the white chocolate (for both glaze and frosting) in the microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring in between. When the chocolate is almost fully melted, turn off heat and just stir until melted completely. Reserve 2/3 cup of melted white chocolate and let it cool slightly. Save the rest for the frosting.
2) On the cooled cake, pour the slightly cooled 2/3 cup melted chocolate, letting it drip down the sized of the bundt. Place cake in the fridge to help the chocolate firm back up.
3) While the chocolate is hardening, make the frosting. Mix butter and cream cheese and vanilla. Slowly pour in the rest of the melted white chocolate. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth and blended about 1 minute. Add the powdered sugar, mixing until it is incorporated and the frosting is smooth about 1 min.
4) Add the frosting to the top of the cake in what ever fashion you find exciting, then top with peach slices and popcorn. ENJOY!