Instead of one big Dutch Baby Pancake, make these mini single-serve
Mini Dutch Baby Pancakes
BASIC BATTER INGREDIENTS:
· 2 large eggs
· 2/3 c. nonfat milk
· 1/2 t. salt
· 2 T sugar
· 1 t. vanilla
· 2/3 c. all-purpose flour
· 4 T butter cut into 12 equal sized small pieces
TOPPING & MIX-IN SUGGESTIONS:
· Small, fresh berries, only a small amount per cup – about 1 teaspoon, such as
blueberries, huckleberries, raspberries or currants
· Semisweet Chocolate Chips, White Chocolate Chips or other flavors
· Fresh, small diced peaches
· Caramelized apples chunks
· Small pieces of banana chunks
· Your favorite jam
· Powdered sugar
· Maple Syrup
· Fresh lemon or orange juice
· Cinnamon & sugar
Makes 12 muffin size portions
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Place the small sized butter pieces into each cup of a 12-cup muffin tin (not dark
3. Set the pan aside while the oven preheats.
Batter Blender Method:
1. In your blender container place the eggs, milk, salt, sugar, and vanilla.
2. Process just long enough at low speed to combine.
3. Add the flour on low-speed through the lid a little at a time.
4. Cover the container with lid again completely and process about 30 seconds until
the flour is completely combined and the batter is smooth. Turn the blender off and
remove the container.
5. If necessary strain the batter through a fine mesh seive into a measuring cup with a
spout to get rid of any remaining lumps.
6. Set aside.
Batter Whisk Method:
1. In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, sugar and vanilla until
2. Sprinkle the flour over the egg mixture and whisk well to combine until the batter
is as smooth as possible (a few small lumps are fine).
3. Set aside.
1. Once the oven is preheated place the muffin pan into the oven for about 2-3
minutes, long enough for the butter to melt and just start to sizzle without browning.
2. Once the butter is melted, remove the pan from the oven and place it on a
3. Immediately divide the batter equally between each cup (about 2 tablespoons of
batter per muffin cup) pouring the batter straight into the center of the butter (the butter
will rise up over the batter, coating it).
4. Sprinkle in any mix-ins you are using (only about a teaspoon per cup) into each
individual portion, if using.
5. Place muffin pan into the oven and bake the pancakes 12-15 minutes until very
puffy and golden and set (they will still be a bit glossy from butter inside and that is
6. Remove the pan from the oven and serve immediately with your favorite toppings.