Jim Nye from APX Alarm shares ways to save energy in your home.
• Install a programmable thermostat that will help you decrease the amount of energy needed to cool your home in the summer and heat your home in the winter.
• Use compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFL) that are ENERGY STAR qualified. A CFL bulb will save you $30 over its lifetime and pay for itself in less than six months. CFL bulbs use 75% less energy and last about 10 times longer than an incandescent bulb.
• Air dry your dishes instead of using your dishwasher’s drying cycle.
• Turn electronic equipment such as computers, monitors, TV’s and video game consoles off rather than leaving them in standby mode.
• Lower the thermostat on your hot water heater to 120˚ Fahrenheit.
• Take short showers instead of baths.
To ensure your family is safe, an APX alarm system can provide an excellent layer of protection.
To find out more about the system contact:
4931 N. 300 W. Provo, UT 84604