Use up those garden veggies with one dish. This margherita pasta is the perfect way to do it, using fresh tomatoes, basil, and of course the cheese!
Amber Eggett shares how to put it all together for a simple summer meal.
Find more recipes from Amber on Instagram, @amberskitchen
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 c chopped fresh garden tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 c fresh mozzarella, diced (or mozzarella pearls)
- 1 c freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 large fistful of fresh basil, chopped to about 1/2 c
- 1/2 lb thin spaghetti, cooked to al dente
In a large sauce pan, heat oil and add garlic. Cook over a medium flame 1 minute, until fragrant. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sugar. Stir. Put the lid on the pan and cook on medium heat, 10 minutes. Remove lid and simmer over a medium, stirring often. Add cheeses, basil, and pasta.