Steve Rosenberg with Liberty Heights Fresh tells us how to choose the best-tasting strawberries, and lemons… which are a fresh buy right now. His two favorite picks are strawberries and lemons.
• You should look for fruit that has none or very little unripe shoulders.
• The best strawberries are going to be the ones that are deep dark red.
• Strawberries are going to be abundant I would say for the next 4-6 weeks.
• Look for a bright sheen on the strawberry.
2. Meyer Lemons
• Meyer lemons are much lower in acid than normal eureka lemons and as a consequence when you taste it, it’s much sweeter.
• Meyer lemons were discovered in California years ago.
• Much cheaper and abundant during the winter season.
• They are great for baking an making soufflés or fruit syrup.
• We are at the very end of the citrus season, which ends in a few weeks. There are still great oranges, clementines, and lemons.
For more information, you can go to:
Liberty Heights Fresh
1290 S 1100 E Salt Lake City, UT 84105