If you could just calm the brain chatter. If you could just relax the pain away. Doing that would help you get a good night’s sleep, right?
Before you jump to a prescription for sleep troubles, Christine Jacobson from Health Mart pharmacies says there are some good over-the-counter remedies to try.
Reasons for optimal sleep patterns:
· Prevent obesity. The average person increases approximately 271 extra calories a day if tired.
· Prevent heart disease and diabetes due to obesity.
· Deep sleep by midnight helps your body to make its own hormones
o You can take cortisol to combat stress and a growth hormone for your body to repair its own tissues and keep you young.
There are many sleep aides available with a prescription, as well as over the counter remedies like:
· Tylenol PM or Motrin PM for painful sleep
· Diphenhydramine caps, tabs or liquid
· Herbal or homeopathic remedies including magnolia extracts for brain chatter, passion flower, valerian root, etc.
· Some amino acids are helpful, including hydroxytrytophan or theanine
· Other natural alternatives: Melatonin is available in tablets, sublingual drops, or liquid
Preventing sleep disturbances with lifestyle modification and diet changes include
· No caffeine in the evening, chocolate may be included for some
· No excessive exercise in the evening.Try to listen to calming music or do relaxing activities: taking a bubble bath, reading a nice book, etc.
· A protein snack prior to sleep can sometimes help the one having a hard time falling asleep.
For all your pharmacy needs, check out a Health Mart Pharmacy nearest you by going to www.healthmart.com.