Easy to grow, even better to eat, tomatoes rule the garden!
Celebrate the “Year of the Tomato” by growing your own.
Get expert advice on how to grow great-tasting tomatoes!
Utah State University horticulturist, Jerry Goodspeed, shares his top tomato picks, plus a new way to grow great tasting tomatoes!
Jerry’s Top Tomato Picks:
1. Favorite for Eating Right Off the Vine: Sweet 100’s or Mexico Midget
2. Favorite for Sauces and Salsa: Celebrity, but any tomato will do.
3. Favorite for Sandwiches and Burgers: Fantastic, Big Boy, Brandywine
4. Favorite for Salads: Stupice and Sunsugar
5. Favorite for Early Eating: Early Girl
Favorite Heirloom tomatoes: Stupice, Hungarian Heart, Brandywine, Mexico Midget.
Tomato Planting Tips:
· Don’t plant too early unless you are going to protect tomato plants.
· Plant on or after May 12th.
· Provide a healthy, deep, soil with good organic matter.