Wendy Paul shares how to make your holiday pot roast gourmet.
Italian Pot Roast
- 2-3 lbs. beef chuck roast
- 14 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup beef broth or red wine
- 1/3 cup Pepperoncini peppers, sliced
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 tsp. dried Oregano
- 2 tbsp. Napa Valley Olive oil
- Mashed Potatoes or Couscous
- Place your roast into a crock pot. Pour the diced tomatoes plus juice, beef broth or wine, pepperoncini peppers over the roast. Sprinkle with salt and oregano. Put the lid on and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5-6.
- When you are ready to serve the roast make your mashed potatoes or couscous.
- Scoop 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes or couscous onto your plate, then top with a tender serving (4-6 oz) and a little of the juices. Drizzle with Napa Valley Olive oil just before serving. Top with fresh basil for garnish if desired.