Put lemon s’mores on your summer menu.
Ooey-gooey marshmallows paired with a hint of spring! It’s a citrusy twist on the classic campfire treat.
Michelle Malie, from the Cookie Kitchen Bakery, shares her recipe for lemon s’mores.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- Zest from one lemon
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice (about one lemon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar (for rolling)
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter (for dipping)
- 9-10 Graham crackers, broken in half
- 18-20 large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- With an electric mixer, mix together butter, sugar, and vanilla until mixed well. Add to the mixture eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients, adding flour one cup at a time.
- Dip graham cracker halves in melted butter and place on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, six per sheet. Scoop cookie dough into 2 oz balls, roll in powdered sugar and place onto graham cracker. Press a hole into the middle of the dough ball, place a marshmallow into it, and cover with the dough.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until cookie edges just start to brown. Let cookies cool completely before eating. Enjoy!
Yields 18-20 large cookies