This low-carb Zuppa Toscana soup is light, but doesn’t skimp on flavor.
After all the holiday sweets and treats, you might be craving something a little lighter come meal time! This recipe will keep you full, packs a flavor punch, and is a perfect mid-winter meal. The best part? It’s a low-carb soup that tastes anything but!
Alex Daynes shares the easy Instant Pot recipe. She swaps potatoes and heavy cream in this soup for some healthier, but no less tasty, options. Prep the pot and the cook time is only 10 minutes!
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 4 strips turkey bacon, sliced thin
- 1 pound mild or spicy sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 16 ounce bag rice cauliflower
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- Turn your instant pot onto the sauté setting.
- Add a little oil and the bacon to the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until browned. Remove bacon from pan and set aside.
- Next, add onion and sausage to the pan. Cook until sausage is browned and onion is translucent, about 7 minutes.
- When sausage is cooked, add bacon back to the pan along with the carrots, bell pepper, cauliflower, chicken stock, chicken bouillon, basil, and Italian seasoning. Give it a stir.
- Cancel the Sauté Mode.
- Put the lid on, lock the lid, and hit that manual button. Set timer 10 minutes. The pot will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure.
- After the cooking ends and the timer sounds, quick release the pressure.
- Open the lid and hit the sauté button again. Add the coconut milk and kale to the pot. Stir everything together and let the soup simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the kale becomes soft.
- Serve hot.