3 3/4 cups flour, all-purpose
2 packages quick-rise yeast
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons malted milk powder
1 1/4 cups low fat buttermilk warmed to 120°F
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins – optional
¼ cup Land OLakes, light butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In bowl of electric mixer, combine 1cup flour with yeast, salt, malted milk powder and sugar together. With mixer on low speed gradually mix buttermilk into dry ingredients. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and 1 more cup flour and continue beating mixture 2 minutes longer.
2. Using low mixer speed gradually stir in 1 1/2 cups flour, enough to make a soft dough that holds together instead of sticking to sides of bowl. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until dough is smooth and satiny, 8 minutes, adding up to 1/4 cup more flour to prevent dough from being too sticky to knead.
3. Shape dough into a ball and turn over in a large bowl lightly sprayed with cooking spray to grease top. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and a towel. Let dough rise in a warm place until double in bulk, about 30 minutes.
4. While dough is rising; mix brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins together and set aside. Lightly spray a 13- by 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside. In a small bowl mix confectioner’s sugar with vanilla and 2 tablespoons water together until smooth and set aside.
5. Turn dough on to a lightly floured surface and punch dough down and knead into a ball; cover with inverted bowl and let rest 5 minutes. Roll dough out in a 18- by 12-inch rectangle. Brush dough with about 1/2 of the melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Starting at 18- inch side, roll dough up jellyroll fashion pinching seam to seal. With seam side down, cut roll crosswise into 15 slices; place slices cut side down in prepared pan. Cover pan with plastic wrap and allow to raise until double in size, about 20 minutes.
6. Bake rolls in a preheated 400º F. oven for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. After removing rolls from oven, allow to cool a few minutes then brush with remaining butter and spread with Sugar Glaze. To serve pull apart with forks.