These homemade pizza rolls are ten times better than the frozen version!
Frozen pizza rolls are easy to toss in the microwave for an after school snack. You can do better than the kind you get from the grocery store, though. Whip up a homemade batch, freeze them yourself, and your kids have a delicious snack go-to that’s better than what you can buy.
Heather Thomas shares how to make homemade pizza rolls. Start out with a classic pizza dough, and then add any toppings your family likes! You’ll want to keep your freezer stocked with these tasty snacks.
Homemade Pizza Rolls
Parmesan Seasoned Topping:
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 5 ounces sliced salami
- 7 ounces pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 450°. Prepare baking sheet by lining with parchment and sprinkle cornmeal.
- Make my Quick and Easy Pizza Dough and allow the dough to rest while you prepare the Italian seasoning.
- Prepare Parmesan Seasoned Topping. Mix all ingredients together and set aside.
- Gather together your toppings and have them ready for assembly.
- Flour your work surface and roll pizza dough into a rectangle about 8 inches by 20 inches.
- Sprinkle Parmesan Seasoned Topping on dough. Spread the pepperoni, leaving an inch border along the top of the long edge of the dough. Spread the salami and sprinkle the shredded mozzarella on top.
- Roll up the dough, starting at the long edge nearest you. Gently lift up and tug on the dough as you tuck in all the toppings with the dough. Try to get a tight roll to prevent the dough from unrolling in the oven. When you get to the last inch of dough, pull it up over the roll and pinch the edge, sealing it to the roll.
- Cut two inch rolls with a sharp serrated knife. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve with favorite dipping sauce.