Esthetician Kari Romney shows us different brands of mascara’s, their cost, and tips on how to apply it effectively.
The right mascara is a girls best friend. It keeps her lashes long, and thick, opens her beautiful eyes and intensifies her eye color. Once finding the perfect brand, she might be tempted to stick to it for years to come.
“In all the years of working as a esthetician and in the cosmetic industry I have come to know that the perfect mascara is a very personal item for a women. She does not stray far or try other brands, as it can take some time to find the right mascara for you.”
We all know that a mascara tube can be a breeding ground for bacteria. It is dark and wet inside that tube. Your mascara should be discarded every three months to help keep it sanitary. It is a good idea to never share your mascara, even with your best friend. Germs are spread easily, and can cause serious eye infections among other things.
There are so many brands of mascara, and the price range can run any where from 5.00 to 40.00+ depending upon your mascara of choice. Some popular top brand mascara’s are comparable in quality and function yet very different in cost which could save you money. Don’t be afraid to branch out. The savings could be worth it!
For those of you who want more healthy mascara with no tar or parabins we have included some of those brands as well.
• Lancôme ‘Definicils’ Mascara $24.50 Gives lashes high definition and separates.
• L’Oreal ‘Voluminous’ Mascara $5.69 Dramatic volume effect while separates & builds lashes.
• Blinc ‘Kiss Me Mascara’ $24.99 Instead of coating lashes, it tubes and extends lashes. When used with primer, extends and thickens lashes. Long wearing and smudge proof, easy removal. Great for those who have sensitive eyes and brides. **Can be used over eyelash extensions…. saving you the high cost of other mascara’s that are made especially for lash extensions.
• Blinc Lash Primer $ 14.99 Extends lashes by over 80% while thickening.
• L’Oreal Double Extend Mascara $8.99 Tubes while extending lashes. Primer and mascara duo tube. Long wearing, smudge proof, easy removal.
• Maybelline Great Lash Mascara $ 4.49 the #1 used mascara in US… along with makeup artist #1 favorite!
• ZuZu Mascara $16.99 Water resistant, parabin free. Extends lashes. Comes in Navy, Brown and Onyx. Can be purchased at Whole Foods.
• Mascara ‘Black Out’ $ 16.95 Mineral Based Mascara, Parabin and Tar Free. Extends & Thickens Lashes. Water Resistant. Black only.
STUDIO 5 SPECIAL ON NAKED MINERALS MASCARA 12.95 WHILE SUPPLIES LAST ! Contact Kari www.kariromney.com or 801-558-4804 to place your order.
QUICK TIPS FOR PERFECT MASCARA APPLICATION:
Step 1: Wiggle the wand left to right at the base of lashes. It’s the mascara placed near the roots — not the tips — that gives the illusion of length.
Step 2: Pull the wand up and through lashes, wiggling as you go. The wiggling part is key: Wiggling separates lashes and helps to prevent clumping. You can also help prevent clumping by wiping excess mascara off the wand onto tissue before applying.
Step 3: If needed or have light colored lashes close the eye and place the mascara wand on top of the lashes starting at the lash base and pull through to remove any clumps and color the top of those light lashes.
MASCARA TIPS & TRICKS OF THE TRADE:
Apply mascara to the bottom lashes first, then the top.
When finished wait five seconds before blinking to prevent smudging.
Apply second coat only after first coat is dry.
Makeup Artist smudge proof secret is to bend the wand at a right angle.
Start from the outer corners of the eyes and apply mascara inwards.
Can coat tips of lashes for extra length without having to coat the whole lash.
Mascara works best if applied last.
Carefully wipe the mascara wand on a tissue to remove excess formula… save your lashes from clumping.
When removing mascara be gentle.
Fair light blondes should stick with brown/black and only black for evening.
Don’t shy away from color… Blue mascara brightens blue eyes/Purple makes brown eyes pop.
For help with your skincare, contact Kari Romney at 801-558-4804 or firstname.lastname@example.org .