1 recipe prepared Light Graham Cracker Crust
1 ½ containers (12-oz) fat free cream cheese
1 ½ containers (12-oz) 50% less fat cream cheese
2 envelopes (1/4 oz.) un-flavored gelatin
¾ cup skim milk
(16 oz can) 2 cups solid pack pumpkin
¾ cup sugar
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon allspice
¼ teaspoon cloves
1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
1. Prepare Graham Cracker Crust according to directions using an 8 to 9-inch pie plate. Cover and chill crust at least an hour before filling.
2. Pour skim milk into a small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over milk and allow to soften 3 to 4 minutes. Stirring frequently, cook milk over low heat, 2 to 3 minutes until gelatin has dissolved.
3. Blend cream cheeses together with sugar pumpkin until smooth. Add milk and spices including vanilla and blend all ingredients together until well combined.
4. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Refrigerate until set and chilled; approximately 4 hours or over night before serving.
Yield: 14 servings at approximately 170 calories; 4.5 grams total fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 8 milligrams cholesterol; 39.5 grams carbohydrate; 0.5 dietary fiber; 8.7 grams protein; 250 milligrams sodium.
LIGHT GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
1 1/4 cups low fat graham cracker crumbs or 10 whole crackers, crushed
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons Land O Lakes Light Butter (5.5 grams fat per 1 tablespoon) or other light butter or margarine, melted
1. Preheat oven to 375º F. Combine crumbs, sugar and melted margarine in the bottom of a 8- to 10-inch spring-form pan or pie plate. Pat crust evenly over bottom and 1/4-inch up sides of pan. Bake crust for 8 minutes, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Yield: 10 servings at approximately 70 calories each; 1.8 grams total fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 4 milligrams cholesterol; 13.5 grams carbohydrate; 0.4 gram dietary fiber; 1 gram protein; 106 milligrams sodium.
Recipes from the Cookbook, Lighten Up – The Art of Low Fat Gourmet Cooking, by Mary E. Ross.