Add this orange ginger chicken to your dinner rotation.
Sheet pan dinners are a tried-and-true staple in many households. They’re quick, easy, and the clean up is minimal. So what’s one more flavorful recipe to add to the rotation? This orange ginger chicken sheet pan dinner pairs sweet and tangy chicken with veggies and brown rice for a dinner that doubles as healthy and satisfying.
Suzy Robertson shares her recipe for orange ginger chicken and how you can make a full meal come together on one sheet pan.
To get more ideas and recipes from Suzy, follow her on Instagram at @suzysnaturalhealthmovement.
Orange Ginger Sheet Pan Chicken
- 2 lb. chicken tenders
- 1 large bag of broccoli pieces
- 6-8 small tri-colored mini bell peppers
- 1/2 c. Teriyaki sauce (for finishing at end)
- 3 Tbsp. Low sodium soy sauce, or Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 3 Tbsp. Honey
- 3 Tbsp. Rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Sesame oil
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. Grated ginger (ginger in the tube is fine)
- 1/2 tsp. Red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. Chinese 5 spice
- In a small bowl, add all the marinade ingredients and whisk together.
- Pour 1/2 the marinade over the chicken in a bag and let marinate all day.
- Once chicken is finished marinating, prepare sheet pan with non-stick spray or a Silpat. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Layer the bottom of the pan with lots of broccoli.
- Slice peppers and put on top of broccoli. Pour the other 1/2 of the marinade over the broccoli and toss around.
- Put marinated chicken on top of vegetables.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the chicken is brown and the internal temperature is 170 degrees. If the chicken isn’t browned enough for you, just put it under the broiler for a minute or so until it browns.
- When you remove from oven, drizzle the pan with teriyaki sauce until desired sauce amount is achieved.
- Serve with brown rice. (Cook brown rice in pressure cooker for 15 minutes on high pressure and 10 minutes natural release. 2 c. Brown Rice with 3 c. Water with a couple dashes of salt)