Peaches and Amaretto Cream Ice Box Dessert
· 1 1/2 cups Pepperidge Farm Bordeaux cookies or shortbread cookies, crushed
· 4 cups fresh thinly sliced peaches, set aside 1 cup for garnish
· 2 tbsp sugar
· 1/4 tsp cinnamon
· 1 cup caramel sauce, store bought or homemade ( recipe follows ) reserving some
· 1 1/2 quarts vanilla bean ice cream, softened, and stirred
· Spray a 9 inch bread pan lightly with a non stick cooking spray. Line interior with
plastic wrap. Set aside.
· In a small dish, stir together cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
· Place 1/3 of the crushed cookies in the bottom of the pan.
· Drizzle an even amount of caramel over the top.
· Place a thin layer of peaches over the caramel.
· Sprinkle peaches lightly with 1/3 of the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
· Spread about 1/3 of the ice cream over the top.
· Repeat layers, ending with ice cream. Fold over sides of plastic wrap.
Cover with additional wrap if necessary.
· Place in freezer overnight. Uncover and turn out onto a cutting board.
With a large non serrated knife, cut into slices.
* Serve with additional sliced peaches, caramel, whipped cream, and fresh
mint if desired.
* Makes 6-8 servings
· 1 cup brown sugar
· 1/2 cup butter
· 1/2 cup whipping cream
· In a small sauce pan, over medium heat, melt butter.
· Add brown sugar, cook until light and bubbly.
· Remove from heat, and whisk in cream. Mixture will thicken as it cools.