This quinoa salad will be your new favorite!
Summer is here, and seasonal produce is fresh and flourishing at the grocery store! Watch out pasta salad, there is a new dish in town for your next BBQ. This red quinoa, black bean, and mango salad is vibrant in color and bold in flavor, and will get gobbled up at every summer potluck.
Suzy Robertson shares two recipes using both juicy mangos and ripe avocados. You can serve this quinoa salad up on its own, or as a dip with your favorite tortilla chips. Suzy also shares her recipe for mango guacamole Freshness in every bite!
Red Quinoa Salad With Black Beans & Mangos
- 1 c. red or white quinoa, dry (cooked according to directions)
- 2-3 avocados
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper (or 4 baby ones), finely chopped
- 1 can corn, rinsed
- 1 can low sodium black beans, rinsed
- 1 c. tomatoes, chopped (I prefer grape or cherry tomatoes)
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced (optional)
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 2-3 T. red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- S & P, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to directions & chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. You can cook it in advance up to a day or two before.
- Chop all ingredients and toss them together in a bowl.
- Drizzle with vinegar, lime juice & oil. Make sure your oil is extra virgin and if possible, get a good vinegar from the health food store that is “raw.” The label will usually say “with mother.” Then you will reap the good health benefits from your vinegar!
- 2-3 A0vocados, cubed
- 1 Lime, squeezed
- 2 Tbsp red onion, finely diced
- ½ Jalapeno, seeded
- ½ bunch Cilantro
- 1-2 Mangos, medium diced
- 1 Roma tomato, medium dice
- Tortilla Chips
- Dice & toss ingredients. This is a chunky salsa so don’t mash the avocados. Use lime, salt & tajin to taste depending on how big you’re making your batch. Serve with tortilla chips.