BJ Warnick from Repartee Gallery gives pointers on ways to look at appreciating art.
Some artwork featured on Studio 5
How art can create emotion
• A picture really is worth a 1000 Words (‘Worth of a Soul’, Liz Lemon Swindle, ‘Prayer for Peace’, Greg Olsen)
• Understanding the “story behind the art” plants new ideas and causes us to see a painting differently (‘Crocodile Girl’ by McPhie & ‘Lawrence Pretended Not to Notice That A Bear Had Attached Himself to His Robe’ – James Christensen)
• Great art need not be expensive (‘While Emma Slept’, Liz Lemon Swindle, ‘Friends’, Liz Lemon Swindle)
• Great art grows up with you…you don’t tire of it, you don’t regret acquiring it, and there is no need to get rid of it simply because you are getting rid of the sofa (‘Spilled Milk’ by Morgan Weistling)
• Art is an easy way to add your signature to a room(‘Determination’ by Julie Roger & ‘A Thankful Heart’, by Morgan Weistling )
• Art adds personality to a home or office and can be an instant conversation piece ( ‘When the Wind Had Wings’, Bev Doolittle & ‘The Blind Leading the Blind’, James Christensen)
• Art makes the perfect gift for Valentines Day. When money is a little tight, doesn’t it make sense to give a gift that matters?
Visit Repartee Gallery by going online at www.reparteegallery.com or check out the four locations to serve you.
575 East University Parkway
175 North 500 West
ZCMI Center (Inside Deseret Book)
20 E. South Temple
Salt Lake City
Fort Union (Inside Deseret Book)
1110 East Fort Union Blvd