Brett Lund from Robert’s Crafts shows how to make an impressive Advent Calendar you can enjoy all season long.
Note: All supplies are from Karen Foster™ unless specified
• Peek A Box
• Santa’s Workshop collage paper
• Santa’s Helpers paper
• Snow Much Fun paper
• Christmas Reindeer paper
• Santa’s Business paper
• Hanging the Lights paper
• Holly Jolly cardstock sticker
• Happy Holiday’s stacked sticker
• Holiday charms
• Holiday Chilly Cubes
• Woodland Jumbo Coil brads
• 1″, 5/8″, 1 ¼” circle punches
• 1 ¼” scalloped punch
1. For all 24 of the boxes you will do the exact same thing just change the paper on the front of the box.
2. On the package of the box there is a template for the front of the boxes. You can either cut the template out and use it or you can cut out the paper without the template. The dimensions for the box are 2″x 2″.
3. Cut a piece of paper to fit the size of the box. Either trace the template or trace the box where the hole is at the top of the box. I found that you can also use a 5/8″ punch to punch the half circle from the middle top of the box.
4. Once the paper is cut to size, use double stick tape to attach the piece of paper to the box.
5. Once all the boxes have been covered, cut out 24 circles from the patterned paper. I find the 1″ circle punch is the perfect size for this.
6. Glue the circle punches onto each of the boxes. Trim the edges if necessary. Apply the number stickers that came with the package.
7. Embellish the boxes using the stickers, chilly cubes and whatever else you want.
8. For the cover, cut 2 strips of paper 1×12″. Also cut out 2 strips of paper 1″ x 8 ½”.
9. Glue the two longer side strips of paper first, then glue the top and the bottom strips on the cover.
10. In the corners, use the 1 ¼” circle and the 1 ¼” scalloped circle punch. Embellish the center with the coil brads.
11. Embellish the cover with stickers, and the holiday charms where you would like them.
12. Fill with your favorite things to celebrate the season.
For more craft project ideas or to find a store location near you go to: www.robertscrafts.com