These chicken tostadas aren’t just good, they’re healthy, too!
It’s a quick, easy, and healthy meal you can make any night of the week! It’s part of our new series: Real Good Food. It features recipes that use fresh produce and ingredients that have a high nutritional value. Most importantly, these recipes aren’t just good, they are good for you too!
Megan Millecam shares the recipe for hearty chicken tostadas.
For more recipes and ideas from Megan, connect with her on Instagram at @muncher_cruncher.
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 1-2 cups of salsa (enough to cover chicken breasts completely)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- Combine all together in crock pot on high for 4-6 hours, or until chicken shreds easily.
- 10-12 tostada shells
- Salsa Chicken (can use regular shredded chicken instead)
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed & heated through
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 2 cups of shredded lettuce
- 2-3 chopped roma tomatoes
- 1 avocado, diced
- pickled red onions
- optional toppings: salsa, sour cream
Pickled Red Onions
- 1 large red onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 1/2 T sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight container & refrigerate for at least one hour