2 Tbsp. raspberry jam
· 1 cup sponge cake, cut in cubes
· 1 egg yolk
· 1 Tbsp. sugar
· ½ cup plus 2 ½ Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
· ¼ cup fresh raspberries
· 1 tsp. almonds
1. Spread raspberry jam on each cube of cake and place in bottom of serving up.
2. Add ½ cup whipping cream to saucepan over medium heat and cook until scalding. Meanwhile, beat egg yolk and sugar in a small bowl. Pour egg mixture into saucepan and stir vigorously, until it is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Meanwhile, whip 2 ½ Tbsp. cream until soft peaks form. Spread cooled custard over sponge cake in a serving cup. Layer raspberries, whipped cream, and almonds on top.
1 oz. white chocolate chips
· 2 oz. mild chocolate chips
· 5 fresh strawberries
1. Separate white and brown chocolate into two separate bowls. Microwave each bowl on high for about 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir. Continue to heat in 15-second increments if chocolate is not completely melted.
2. Dip each strawberry a little over halfway in the milk chocolate. Set on baking sheet line with wax paper. Drizzle white chocolate on top. Place in fridge for about 10 minutes to set.
· 1 ½ tsp. whisked egg
· ¼ tsp. vanilla
· 3 Tbsp. sugar
· 1 ¼ Tbsp. shortening
· 1 ¼ Tbsp. unsalted butter
· ¼ tsp. baking powder
· ½ cup flour
· 1 cup powdered sugar
· ¼ tsp. vanilla
· 2-3 tsp. milk
· 1 tsp. unsalted butter, melted
· Food coloring
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine egg, vanilla, sugar, shortening and butter. Mix well. Add baking powder and flour.
2. Spread extra flour across countertop. Place dough on countertop and knead for about 1 minute. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough flat. Use cookie cutter to cut out the shape of the cookies.
3. Place prepared cookie dough on greased baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together powdered sugar, vanilla, milk, and butter to create frosting. Add food coloring as desired.
5. Let cookies cool for about 10 minutes. Frost each cookie. Makes 3 cookies.