Here’s a new take on the classic snack that is perfect for Valentines Day.
Aimee Krey shares her recipe for Strawberries and Cream Chex Mix.
Strawberries and Cream Chex Mix
5 oz white chocolate or white vanilla candy melts
5 oz red candy melts
5 cups rice Chex cereal, divided in 2 parts
1/2 cup strawberry cake mix
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Valentines sprinkles and candies
1. Put 1/2 cups rice Chex cereal into a medium sized bowl.
2. Slowly melt white chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds to make sure it doesn’t burn.
3. Add melted white chocolate to Chex cereal and lightly stir to coat evenly.
4. Add powdered sugar to a gallon size ziplock bag and shake until all the cereal is coated evenly.
5. Repeat the same process with the red candy melts and strawberry cake mix (instead of the powdered sugar).
6. Allow to dry completely and combine the 2 cereals together and sprinkle with candies.
Find more recipes from Aimee here.