Join us, your friends, and other Studio 5 viewers who want to look and feel better than ever! The goal is to lose 10 pounds in one month. We’ll check in with viewers live during the show, answer weight loss questions on Facebook, and provide weekly tips to help you succeed. Health and Fitness Contributor, Melanie Douglass will be there every step of the way! You can do this!
Here’s all the juicy info:
#1: How to Join the Challenge
· Click on the “10 pound challenge” button on our website, studio5.ksl.com and follow the steps.
· Anyone who loses 10 pounds during the Challenge will be entered in a drawing for GREAT prizes, including a NordicTrack X9 Incline Trainer! (A $2999 treadmill/incline trainer!)
#2: Important Dates
· Start any day between Wednesday, January 2nd and Friday, January 4th.
· Send an update every Friday to the Studio 5 “10 Pound Challenge” Facebook page, or email Melanie Douglass directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Tell Melanie what’s working for you, what you find challenging, and what you need help with. She will try to answer all questions and keep you on track.
· Report your final weight on Monday, February 4th. Report to the Facebook page or directly to email@example.com
· Results show, Friday, February 8th.
#3: How to LOSE 10 Pounds and Stay Motivated
· Like the Facebook page: Studio 5 “10-Pound Challenge” found at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Studio-5-10-Pound-Challenge/335102659841606 Melanie Douglass will post daily eating and exercise tips and answer questions from you on Facebook, or you can send questions directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Get a FREE MONTH of workouts with The Gymbox!! You’ll have access to over 2000 full-length video workouts with new content added every Monday. No strings attached, no contracts… just a free month of use – exclusive for Studio 5 10-pound challengers! Click this link to sign up: www.thegymbox.com/studio5
· Download Melanie’s “NEW YEAR, NEW YOU” Guidebook with a 30-day plan for healthier eating and how-to workouts:
#4: Melanie’s five tips to jumpstart your weight loss!
· Drink before you eat.
If you are hungry and it’s not mealtime, drink a glass of warm or cool water. Before meals, have a glass of water or a cup of hot, broth-based soup (low sodium).
· Triple your veggies.
Load up! Eat them plain, with olive oil and vineager, or with lemon juice and pepper. You can eat veggies for your snacks as well and lunch and dinner. Veggies will fill you up with fiber and nutrients so you can really rock your workouts and feel better all day long.
· Work up a sweat, 5 days per week.
You need to workout to lose weight and be healthy. You just do. No way around it. So just commit – right now – that you will work up a sweat at least 5 days per week for the next 30 days. Losing weight is hard work, for just 30-minutes of your day. You can do it! Just get moving (do a workout video, use an app, go to the gym, walk around the block, climb your stairs, whatever!) But if you want to make your valiant efforts count, you need to work hard enough to actually sweat.
· Keep snacks <150 calories, if at all.
I’m an advocate of eating 3 nice, “sit-down, enjoy-yourself” meals per day. Look, America eats every 4 hours as it is… most of us need little, if any snacking. Our bodies don’t starve or shut down or get all crazy when going without food for 3-4 hours. If you get ravenously hungry between meals, try one of these small 100 – 200 calorie snacks:
– 1 spoonful of peanut butter or almond butter
– 1 boiled egg
– 1 oz of string cheese
– 12 – 24 nuts
– 1 cup of greek, plain yogurt, sweetened with one spoonful of honey or fresh fruit
– ¼ cup hummus or beans with a handful of celery
– 1 piece of fruit or 1 cup of fresh berries
– 1 baby kale salad with carrots, tomatoes, olive oil/vin dressing and lots of pepper
– Keep snacks <150 calories, if at all.
· If it’s healthy and you know it, enjoy your food! It’s it a splurge, cut your “usual portion” in HALF – or eat a bite and throw it out.
So this one is easy, we all know what healthy food is. So if you are rocking a healthy meal, then sit down, eat up, and enjoy healthy, filling portions. If you are caving to a craving for chips, treats, whatever… allow your self a small taste, or cut what you would normally eat IN HALF. Or just throw it out J.
#5: Great Workout Tools and Community Resources
· Utah-based Community Bootcamp Program: http://www.fitmixer.com/bootcamp
FitMixer Bootcamp 2013 – kicks of January 14th. A GREAT online program with meal plans, dietary supplements, 40 workouts, and awesome daily tips from a dietitian.
· Online video workouts: www.thegymbox.com
· Great fitness apps: www.lolofit.com