Bacon Teriyaki Fried Rice
- 1 lb of bacon, chopped
- 1 small white or yellow onion, diced
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 6 cups of prepared (then cooled) white rice, such as jasmine rice (or calrose rice or parboiled rice)
- 3 green onions, minced
- 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce (Very Yeri is a good brand)
- In a giant pan or in a deep electric skillet, cook the chopped bacon. When it’s crispy, take out the bacon and remove all but 3-4 tablespoons of the bacon grease. (You can save the remaining bacon grease for the next time you roast potatoes, or just discard it).
- In the bacon grease, saute the onion until it is soft and translucent.
- When the onion is cooked, scoot them out of the center and add the two raw eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Let them cook for a minute, then scramble them in the center.
- Add all of the rice, the bacon, the green onions, and the teriyaki sauce. Stir to combine. Enjoy!