Karen Curtis from Raging Waters visits Studio 5 with special safety tips and fun summer promotions for your family.
If you think the beach is hundreds of miles away, then you haven’t been to Utah’s premiere water park … the perfect summer getaway right in the heart of Salt Lake … it’s Raging Waters.
Water & Park Safety:
1) Read all posted signs – if they weren’t needed, they wouldn’t be there.
Many rides have age, height, weight or health requirements. Ask ride staff if you have any questions, or choose a more appropriate ride if you have concerns about speed or plunges.
2) Walk. Walk. Walk instead of run in the park.
This is visibly posted but it’s important parents review this with their children to avoid minor or even serious accidents on slippery surfaces.
3) Agree on a meeting place at the beginning of the visit.
This is important for emergencies as well as for times when you’re separated from the group, as the park cannot provide personal paging.
4) Choose multiple times to reapply water resistant sunscreen.
Important to check back and do this throughout the day after a few rides (at least every 30-45 minutes).
5) Teach your child not to push/shove or rough horseplay in or around water.
Someone not expecting to go into the water as a result can be injured because they were not prepared to take a fall.
<>6) Children in diapers and those being toilet trained must wear approved swim pants in the water for the safety of all park patrons.
Here are three great ideas to make your summer plans more exciting at Raging Waters!.
– Two For $20 Offer – Raging Waters urges you bring a friend and splash away on Two for 20 days. Two park admissions for $20 dollars, on the 20th of the month, all summer long at Raging Waters Waterpark.
– Monday Night Carload – Raging Waters provides an amazing deal each Monday after 4pm. Parties of 8 pay only $50 plus tax for admission to the water park. Cool off and splash away the summer heat from 4 until 7:30pm each Monday for just a few bucks!
– Pioneer Day – Splash Away at Raging Waters for Pioneer Day. Join MUG root beer for the Great American Sip and Slide on Tuesday, July 24th for root beer floats with Meadow Gold ice cream. Come dressed in red, white and blue and you could also have a chance at cool prizes from KZHT-FM.
– More information and cool web deals can be found online at Raging Waters website – www.ragingwatersutah.com. Raging Waters Water Park is located just off 1200 West 1700 South in Salt Lake City.