Food critic and registered dietitian Bonnie Tandy Leblang and her two sons Eric and Bryan review some grocery items.
Each week Bonnie critiques three new food items in a syndicated column that runs in the Deseret News.
Bryan and Eric, have grown-up in the food industry and have served as taste testers essentially their whole life.
Here is a list of the products they tested:
1. Tropicana Pure Valencia $2.49 per 12-ounce and $4.49 per 1-liter and 54-ounce bottle
2. Soda Club Sparkling Water Maker $99, $99, $249, and $19 for a refillable Fountain Jet carbonatorand Edition 1 carbonator that makes 110 quarts and $12.49 for the Penguin carbonator that makes 45 carafes worth
3. Island Way sorbet in real fruit shells 4, 6, 10 or 12 count variety pack, $7.99 to 12.99
4. Steamfresh Whole Grain Brown Rice – 10-ounce steamable bag; long grain white and long grain brown rice $1.69
5. Melissa’s fresh Mangosteen individually or a 4-pack in a clamshell, $3.49, $12.99
6. Cabot Creamery Sharp Cheddar 8-ounce block up to 3-pound round, $3.25 to $26.75. Cabot is also the sponsor our our current Spa Giveaway…. our registered users have a chance to win a Spa Vacation at Stoweflake Mountain Resort & Spa (Stowe, VT
7. Snake River Farms American Kurobuta Pork Roast a 6 to 7 pound rack of pork, $89.