There’s nothing like a good homemade chocolate chip cookie.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 Sticks Butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix together the softened butter, both the dark brown sugar and the white sugar, the 2 eggs, and the vanilla in a large bowl.
- To the butter mixture, pour in the flour first, then the cornstarch, salt and baking soda, then the chocolate chips (yes, add the chips now before you mix, it helps them to not sink while cooking) Stir everything together until just combined, do no over-mix.
- Scoop large dough balls onto a baking sheet. We like to make huge cookies and do 6 balls per baking sheet. You can do 12 cookies per sheet for smaller cookies.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes depending on the dough ball size, or until lightly browned on top. When a more doughy under-baked inside is desired, bake them only 5-7 minutes then do a quick 1 minute broil in the oven to brown the tops. This creates a gooey inside but a crisp outside!