Strawberry Nutella Muffins
Yield: Makes 9 muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1 large egg
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
1/3 cup Nutella
Turbinado sugar, for sprinkling on top of muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease well. Set
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
3. In a small bowl, combine canola oil, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla together. Use a fork
or whisk and mix until well combined.
4. Incorporate the wet ingredients into flour mixture. Add slowly and gently stir, you
don’t want to over mix. The batter will be thick. Carefully fold in the strawberries.
5. Fill each muffin cup half way with batter. Next, add a small spoonful of Nutella to each
muffin cup. Cover the Nutella filling with the remaining batter. Sprinkle each muffin with
6. Bake muffins for 17-20 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick
comes out clean. Remove the muffins from the pan and let cool on a cooling rack.
You can find more recipes on Maria’s blog, http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/ a>