Truffle Berry Bites – Chocolate Crust
· 4 oz. butter (about 1 cube)
· 1-1/2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
· 6 oz. chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
1. Melt butter and chocolate in a bowl over simmering water or in microwave on medium power. Stir in cookie crumbs.
2. Press onto bottom and sides of 24 mini muffin cups. Let stand at room temperature or refrigerate until set.
3. Place one raspberry or blackberry in the center of each muffin cup.
. 10 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
· 3/4 cups butter, unsalted, divided, at room temperature
· 1/2 cup granulated sugar
· 2 Tbsp. Dutch-process cocoa powder
· 4 large egg yolks
· 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
· 1 cup whipping cream, chilled
· 1 pkg. (6 oz) Raspberries, Blueberries, or Blackberries
1. Melt chocolate in a small bowl over simmering water. Turn off heat and leave bowl over water to keep chocolate warm.
2. Beat 1/2 cup butter in a small bowl until fluffy. Beat in 1/4 cup sugar, then cocoa powder.
3. Whisk yolks, 1/4 cup water, remaining 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup sugar in a medium metal bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water (do not let bowl touch water). Whisk constantly until a candy thermometer reads 160Fº, about 6 minutes. Remove bowl from top of the simmering water.
4. Beat warm yolk mixture with an electric mixer until thickened and cool, about 5 minutes. Beat in butter-cocoa mixture; fold in warm melted chocolate.
5. Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form in separate bowl; fold whipped cream into chocolate yolk mixture.
6. Fill pastry bag with truffle batter and pipe into prepared crusts, covering berry. Refrigerate until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight. (Can be made 4 days ahead and refrigerated.)