For a weeknight meal your man will love, choose one of three recipes. It’s not steak and potatoes, but it’s great food for the guys.
Win tickets for “Yes You are Worth It” Women’s conference, by liking Suzy’s Facebook page here!
Quick Taco Soup
6 c. low-sodium chicken broth
1 can Rotel tomatoes, original
1 can low-sodium pinto beans, rinsed
1 can low-sodium black beans, rinsed
4 oz. can diced green chilis
1 can corn, drained
1 13 oz. can chicken, drained
3 c. brown rice, already cooked
1 T. Mrs. Dash, Fiesta Lime Seasoning
½ t. Sea Salt
Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Tortilla chips, broken up
Put all the ingredients (besides toppings) into a pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until ready to serve! Make sure your brown rice is already cooked. Top with optional toppings and enjoy!!
Italian Beef Dip Sandwiches
1 Rump, Chuck, or Round beef roast (look for good marbling of fat for tenderness)
1 pkg. Au Jus (powder packet)
1 pkg. Italian Seasonings (powder used to make your own Italian salad dressing)
2 cans Low-sodium beef broth
French rolls or whole grain rolls
Any sliced cheese (We like provolone or swiss)
1. Put all ingredients in crock pot and let the beef cook on low for at least 8-10 hours until the roast pulls apart with forks. Depending on how big of cut your meat is, it might take up to 12 hours, so get it right in the crockpot when you wake up! You have to cook it a long time because your beef has to get to a high temperature for the collagen to melt so the beef can be shredded. It is well past the done point of meat. If your meat isn’t pulling apart, cook it longer!! Once it’s done, shred all the beef and keep in the crockpot with liquids.
2. Toast french buns or rolls with a slice of cheese (your choice) until toasty in your oven on broil. Place rolls a couple inches under the broiler. It should only take 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese & toast the buns. Then top with beef. Strain fat off of liquid and serve as dipping sauce (au jus).
Yellow Coconut Curry Bowls
· 2 T. Extra virgin coconut oil
· 1 onion, medium, diced
· 1 -2 red or yellow bell peppers, diced
· 1 c. mushrooms, diced
· 1 jar Trader Joe’s Yellow Coconut Curry
· 1 can Trader Joe’s Coconut Cream
· Cucumbers, deseeded and thinly chopped
· 1 lime
· 4 Tbls. Cilantro, chopped
· 2 c. cooked brown rice, barley, or quinoa
1. Saute 2 Tbls extra virgin coconut oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
2. Add onion, peppers & mushrooms. Saute for about 5-8 minutes until soft.
3. Add 1 jar of TJ’s yellow coconut curry and 1 can TJ’s coconut cream. Mix until well blended & let simmer in pan until warmed through and ready to serve.
4. Serve over brown rice or any cooked grain and top with a fresh squeeze of lime, chopped cilantro & cucumbers.