Trent English, from Mr. Sandless has the checklist to give your wood floors a check-up.
You need to make sure you care for your wood floors in a way that will extend their life. As we come into Fall and Winter we recommend a checkup to make sure you are properly caring for your floors.
1. Use rugs both inside and outside doorways to prevent grit, dirt and salt from coming in and scratching, drying and discoloring the floors.
2. Use a good dry mop daily to keep the grit off the floor, this can minimize scratching.
3. Wipe up spills and standing water immediately.
4. Avoid walking on your floors with cleats, sport shoes and high heels. An exposed heel nail can exert up to 8,000 lbs. per square inch on your floor, this can dent any floor surface.
5. Use pads or guards on the bottom of chairs to protect the floor.
6. Do not use vinyl or tile floor care products on wood floors.
7. Do not wet-mop, damp mop with a high quality mop using a very mild cleaner.
8. Make sure your floor is completely sealed. Watch for peeling, chipping or cracking. Refinish and seal your floors before anything can get into them.
The last suggestion is really important, if you protect the wood and keep it sealed wood floors can last well over 100 years. Wood floors can only be sanded a limited number of times or they get too thin. By keeping the surface sealed and finished you can protect the floors and drastically extend their life expectancy.
If you would like to refinish your floors, Mr. Sandless features new technology that will allow you to refinish and seal your wood floors with a fraction of the inconvenience and money as traditional ways. They are currently offering a special deal of $50 off of one room or $100 off of two rooms or more. You can contact them at mrsandless.com or call (877)714-9663.